Monday, January 23, 2006
- Name: Nick Szabo
"A premier thinker about history, law and economics, and the lessons they have for security." -- Adam Shostack, Emergent Chaos
"Szabo comes out with these essays that leave me in awe." -- Brian Dunbar
"Reading material that is eclectic, challenging and endlessly fascinating." -- Sean McGrath, Propylon
"Like most blogs worth my attention, this blog is updated only infrequently. That is because the authors of blogs worth my attention only post when they have something to say that is true, relevant and not already known by their audience. Most of the human race does not have the skill to know when an idea has these three properties. The skill is particularly rare in the fields of politics and economics, which is why this blog is such a rare and valuable thing." -- Richard Hollerith
- Estimating the value of favors
- Long distance trade in pre-Roman northern Europe
- From contracts to money
- Google challenges sweeping subpoena for search eng...
- What data is on your hotel card key?
- Some recent patent news
- Professionals sue to stop illegal NSA surveillance...
- Trial by ordeal
- Laws for the mind police
- Multiparty secure computation