Wednesday, July 02, 2014
- Name: Nick Szabo
"A premier thinker about history, law and economics, and the lessons they have for security." -- Adam Shostack, Emergent Chaos
"Szabo comes out with these essays that leave me in awe." -- Brian Dunbar
"Reading material that is eclectic, challenging and endlessly fascinating." -- Sean McGrath, Propylon
"Like most blogs worth my attention, this blog is updated only infrequently. That is because the authors of blogs worth my attention only post when they have something to say that is true, relevant and not already known by their audience. Most of the human race does not have the skill to know when an idea has these three properties. The skill is particularly rare in the fields of politics and economics, which is why this blog is such a rare and valuable thing." -- Richard Hollerith
- European-Asian divergence predates the industrial ...
- Political relationships
- A very underrated invention
- Dead reckoning, maps, and errors
- Dead reckoning and the exploration explosion
- Authority and ad hominem
- Proxy measures, sunk costs, and Chesterton's fence...
- Three philosophical essays
- Pascal's scams (ii)
- Pascal's scams